Sunday, November 18, 2012

Boston Rally and Walk - One Photo Only



Yesterday was the rally and walk for Syria in Boston. As always, then I found myself to be too busy and too happily occupied to take pictures, so this photo here is the only one I took. It shows the very end of our walk line, crossing a small bridge in the Public Garden, walking towards the sunset and on wards for Freedom.


This picture is special in other ways. I was walking next to one of my most respected fellow activists (well, she is a real activist, I am just improvising), Hiam T. Hiam T. works day and night for Syria, translating and documenting every single atrocity that has been recorded for the time soon to come when the regime is going to be held accountable in International Court. She is amazing. Despite the hate and ugliness she watches and listens to every day, then her heart is full of hope and joy for the goodness in most.

In this photo itself  you see my trusted friend Laura (American and not related to Syria except via me), another Hiam - who is also  my role model and is always the first humanist in any worthy cause - along with her good-hearted son, my super cool Cambrige activist and Connector Extraordinaire to any person I might want to connect to, Blake, and my most respected Syrian protester and survivor of torture (name to be withheld here). Just an amazing shot actually, if I may say so myself (which I may since this is my blog and my voice).

I guess this photo really symbolizes the whole rally and walk. People who may or may not be Syrians, humanitarians for rightness and believers in basic human rights, and the youth that is eager and still innocent. If only I had been in the frame itself, but watching humanity unfold is not too shaggy either....

1 comment:

  1. Inshaa Allah for your efforts sister Nadia is "ALJINA" , on the other hand, you're a special respected activist in every way who also works day and night for Syria..I actually can truthfully say you're a true mover and very impressive respected activist. GOD BE WITH YOU & BLESS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete